Kevsbox Genealogy Services
The Kevsbox English and Welsh Ancestry Research Service
Are you looking for a Genealogist to Research your Family Tree?
If yes then the Kevsbox Family Tree Research Service is here to help
What we offer
Let us help you find out who your ancestors were, where they were from and what they did for a living. Were they military, did they have an illustrious career or were they humble agricultural labourers? The story of your past is waiting to be discovered.
Our competitive fixed price family tree research packages mean that you will know in advance exactly how much it will cost to have your family tree researched. These fees are fixed with no hidden charges. See below for prices.
How far back can our research go?
Using 19th and 20th-century sources, it is possible to trace most family trees back to the early 1800s - however, there are always exceptions to this.
Your ancestors may have been immigrants for example. Before this period, some parish records exist as far back as the 1530's but more often than not research from such parish records may take your family tree back to the late 1600s -1700s. The best way to start is a search back to the early 1800s. At this point, you can either continue your own research or talk to me about the cost and feasibility of tracing back further through parish and non-parochial registers.
What will we discover?
For Family Tree packages, whether you select one line, two lines or a complete ancestry, we aim to discover when and where your ancestors were born, who they married, what their occupations were, where they lived, when and where they died and any children revealed by the censuses.
What if you can't find my Ancestors?
The preliminary checks that we make will ensure that enough records exist to begin your family tree. However, if the trail does run dry, the total cost will be reduced, pro-rata, so you'll only pay for the research that has been carried out successfully. Please note it is very rare that not records at all can be found.
What do you get at the end?
At the end of the research, you will get the following
- A copy of every Birth/Marriage certificate traced.
- Printed transcripts of every relevant 1841-1901 census showing names, addresses and occupations.
- A full printed report with family tree included.
- The tree itself in Gedcom 5 format on a CD. This can be imported into Ancestry or Genes Reunited and most other Family Tree software packages.
How long does the research take?
This will depend on the option you have chosen and how easy the information is to find. Each search varies greatly and so no fixed time can be given. In general, though 3 weeks to 3 months is where most searches pan out.
- Single Line - One line traced back to the early 1800's. The cost for this service is £150. This search will start with a given name and trace along a direct male line. We will obtain all available birth and marriage certificates of each direct male ancestor in order to prove your ancestry.
- Twin Line - Two lines traced back to the early 1800's. The cost for this service is £250. This search will trace two lines of your family tree, for example, your mother's surname and your father's surname, from a given starting point back to the early 1800s. Following the direct male line, we will obtain the available birth and marriage certificates of each direct male ancestor in order to prove your ancestry.
- The Full Monty - A complete search back to the 1800's for a mere £450. Here we attempt to trace as many of your direct ancestors: 2 parents, 4 grandparents, 8 great-grandparents, 16 great-great-grandparents etc, as possible. We will also supply up to 25 birth/marriage certificates. This is a great starting point for your family tree.
Enquiries and Orders.
No payment is required at this stage, our initial research is free. After reviewing your hopes and aims with you, and carrying out some preliminary searches, we email you an invoice for payment of deposit.
Once this is returned the complete searches will begin.
Payments can be made by credit/debit card via PayPal (we will email a PayPal invoice at the correct time).
To start the initial enquiry please contact us here. Please state the family name, the package you are interested in and the starting point name(s). We will get back to you within 24 hours.