Built by A.E. Porter & son in 1934 at number 80, High street, Cosham as the Carlton and was opened by actor Jack Buchanan. It sat 992 on the ground floor and 302 in the gallery, a total of 1294. It was the Carlton, (associated British cinemas) from 1934 to 1951. It then became the Essoldo cinema from 1951 to 1971. It was the Tatler cinema in 1975 and it became the classic in 1976 and then the ABC in the 80s. Before it closed down, it became the Carlton again. back up a year later in December 1941. Complete restoration didn’t finish until 1949. It closed in 2007 and was demolished in 2011.