The Waverley Cinema, High Street Cosham, was originally named Cosham Picture House, was opened on 7th November 1921. A cafe was built on the first floor, and was known as The Old Oak Tearooms, but did not pay, and became a temporary Cosham Library until a building was erected in Spur Road. The cinema closed on 13th January 1923 but reopened on 2nd April 1923. The first sound film was "The Singing Fool" shown on the 19th March 1930. The cinema was renamed "Cosham Cinema" on 14th July 1930 but closed again in November 1930. It reopened again in October 1931 and was renamed "Waverley Cinema" in October 1934. It was eventually closed by December 1939.